Thursday, April 29, 2010

Freddy K. 2010 Review

1..2..Freddy's coming for you


I'm going to try to make my review as non bias as possible and not give too much away...so here I go. I give the movie overall a C+ and the only reason I don't give it a C- or D+ is because, and only because, of Jackie Earle Haley's performance as Freddy Krueger. I totally believed that he was the psycho serial killer that he was portraying. Everything from the way he talked down to the way he carried his knife glove was perfect! I kept getting chills every time he came on the screen! I truly believed he was Freddy Krueger. I think it was because the director decided to make Freddy more "serious and sinister" compared to the 1984 Freddy played by Robert Englund that was "comical". Other then that I was not impressed with the new, young cast...bad acting I guess. That does not go for ever member though. I feel that Kyle Gallner (Quentin), you may know him from "Jennifer's Body" and "The Haunting in Connecticut", did a good job but I'm guessing that is because he has some experience in film.

Jackie Earle Haley= A
Kyle Gallner=C+
Everyone else in the movie=D
Movie Average=C+

You'll have to see for yourself what was left out and what was changed though...if you have seen the original 1984 film it won't be that hard to make note of the changes. If you've never seen the original then this movie might be a B- to you since you can not compare the two. For a *must see* on a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being HAVE TO SEE) I say 5...all depends on your taste for thriller movies.

Comments welcomed :] or give me your own review if you disagree with mines.

3 comments:

  1. Hey, I´m really excited to see this movie. And thanks for your helpful review, hope you´ll publish more of those articles. Therefore I´m going to follow your blog. If you like you can also follow my blog: http://personal-life-style.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the feedback :] I am now following your blog. I really like your lay out and the pictures you choose to go along with your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey awesome review, Im looking forward to seeing the movie now, im a bit curious to see this remake, i am a HUGGGEE fan of thriller movies, followed your blog! Xo visit mine. =X http://www.accouture.co.cc/

    ReplyDelete